What makes a good funeral?
It is considered customary to commemorate the death of a loved one by hosting one final farewell. Whether this is in the the form of a funeral or memorial service is up to you, but with so many choices available what exactly is a good funeral?
A cremation manager once told me that planning a funeral is like planning a wedding in 7 days, there is a lot to sort out and it can be difficult to answer some of those crucial questions.
- Did they want a cremation, a burial, a natural burial?
- What kind of coffin did they want?
- Do you want to view/ dress/ wash a loved one in order to prepare them for their funeral?
- Is the ceremony going to be religious/ non-religious/ spiritual or a mix of each?
- Do we wear black/ white/ pink/ green?
Find out what Charles Cowling, author of ‘The Good Funeral Guide‘ has to say on the matter!
The Good Funeral Guide is a non-profit organisation that helps consumers to arrange the right funeral for them. Offering advice and information on the different types of funeral options available.