A step by step guide on how to master the art of ‘ubering’:
- Own a smart-phone.
- Download the ‘Uber app’.
- Register your details (I’m sure you don’t need help for those).
- You will also be prompted to add your card details (don’t panic) it’s all part of the process.
- Make sure your GPS is turned on!
- You’ll have the option to request the type of taxi you wish to be picked up in: UberX: Everyday car (e.g Toyota Prius), UberLux: High end luxury car (e.g. Mercedes-Benz S Class), an SUV, taxi: An everyday local taxi that has made an agreement with, UberBlack Cab (Only applicable to London): London black cabs that have made an agreement with Uber.
- On the map you can ‘set your pick-up location’ (where the taxi picks you up from).
- You also have the option to get an ‘estimate fare’ where you will be prompted to enter your destination and it will calculate an approximate fee (Note this is only an estimate and fare’s are likely to change due to traffic and alternate routes).
- Once you’re happy for the go ahead, click ‘request’ and you will be given an estimated time the Uber will arrive, the information of the driver will appear including the car they are driving, their number plate and star rating.
- On your journey you will see your Uber’s route on the map and the estimated time.
- Once you’ve reached your destination the app will open up an electronic receipt with how much your journey cost and you’ll have the opportunity to rate your driver out of 5 stars.
Happy ‘Uber’ing’ !