We all know that periods and womens menstrual cycle are a taboo subject for most countries and many don’t like to speak about the subject.
Most people may not realise the extent of what different countries and cultures believe about women whilst they are menstruating.
Some of the countries included on the map are unable to afford sanitary items that women need to use.
The map will give you more information about what items women use whilst on their time of the month and some facts and figures on their attitudes.
Interactive Map on the worlds view of periods:
Find out more here:
- READ: An investigative feature on the subject of periods and menstrual leave with various interviews.
- RADIO PACKAGE: A three minute radio package based on the subject of menstrual leave.
- WATCH: An insight (video diary) into someone living with Endometriosis and an interview with a Gynaecologist.
- ONLINE AUDIO: A 2 minute audio piece giving information, facts and figures on periods.
- BLOG: A blog of the process and updates that took place while creating the radio package and other content.