Arthur Collins’ acid attack victim reveals the terror of the dancefloor ordeal that left victims scarred for life.
Bournemouth’s Lauren Trent was among those injured in the attack in East London last April.
Lauren was celebrating her 22nd birthday at the Mangle club in Hackney when Collins attacked.
Reliving the traumatic night, she said: “I remember the smell… it was like petrol… I touched my neck and it was stinging and skin was just coming off in my hands.”
“At this point you kind of forget about yourself, and I’m extremely lucky to come off absolutely minimal in comparison to some of the others.”
Lauren urged all clubs to be better prepared for such incidents. She said: “You’re prepared for a knife attack, you’re prepared for a gun, but you aren’t prepared for acid. Do your market research.
I’ve now got burns to my tummy because they didn’t strip me of my clothing.”
Dave Shuttleworth, from St John’s Ambulance, gave advice on what to do in an acid attack. He said: “The first thing to do is check that the area around the casualty is safe.
“The main thing to do is to completely flood the burn with cool running water for at least 20 minutes.”