In light of the ongoing Wessex Women exhibition Buzz News have gathered together a list of inspiring women in Dorset.
- Vikki Slade is the leader of the BCP council from the Liberal Democrat party. She’s become an inspiration for future generations of women in Dorset, showing you can rise in a field dominated by men.
- She first stood to become MP for Mid Dorset and North Poole in 2015 because she wanted to use her voice to speak up for people on issues including education, public transport and supporting local high streets.
- Erin Thomas-Wong is the founder of Making Mumpreneurs, an online support community for women running a business around family.
- She has made it possible for mothers to achieve their business dreams without being held back from family life.
- World-renowned primatologist and conservationist Dr Jane Goodall grew up in a Bournemouth before starting her 45-year study of wild chimpanzees in Gombe Stream National Park in Tanzania.
- Her role in protecting chimpanzees and inspiring people to conserve the world is undeniable.
Dr Shelley Davies
- Award-winning chiropractor and sports therapist and founder of Davies Chiropractic and sports therapy in Christchurch, Dr Shelley Davies has always had a lot on her plate.
- Working her way up the corporate ladder, from being a manager at the NHS, to qualifying as a personal trainer and sports therapist, she’s proven herself to be a resilient and inspiring woman.
- She is a leading authority on women in the world of work.
- Appeared on Channel 5 to discuss closing gender pay gap.
- 20 years of delivering exceptional commercial performance in front line and senior management positions in global organisations such as Coco-Cola and Calsberg has taught her the importance of staying on top of your work.
- Chief Executive of the safety education charity SafeWise, in Bournemouth and Weymouth
- Her company has become embedded in the hearts and minds of the thousands of children that have visited over the years
- Alison lists her greatest achievement as the number of accidents and deaths she’s prevented.