Using BUzz: A step-by-step guide
The following user guides provide a working instruction manual on how to use BUzz – from setting-up your account and starting to post articles, to working with audio/video and visualising data.
We want buzz.bournemouth.ac.uk to showcase the best of undergraduate journalism from Bournemouth University. Every website has a style guide so that journalists know the ‘house style’ in terms of consistent, professional output. Web editors need to refer to the style guide so that they can tailor stories so that they have appropriate headlines, pictures and hyperlinks. Check the BUzz style guide if you are unsure about headlines, excerpts and other elements on the website.
Video Tutorials are available at: Link
Writing & Editing
- Writing for the Web: 5 tips for creating content for an Online Audience
- BBC: Writing for the Web
- BBC: Choosing the right picture for your article
- journalism.co.uk: 10 tips for compelling digital storytelling
- The Social Media Reporter: A guide to using social media for newsgathering
- theguardian.com: Data Journalism guide