Our reporters, Martine Kaino and Libby Sparks, round-up today’s climate news on our Climate Action Podcast.
Here are today’s top stories in Climate Action:
- Storm Christoph UPDATE: Temperatures could drop as low as -10 degrees celsius in the coming days as the storm gives way to colder winter weather. Our reporter Gracie Leader spoke with Evie, a student from Manchester, on how Storm Christoph left her with no power for 2 days.
- Also, our reporter Jacob Green spoke with meteorologist Holly Green who says that “it’s imperative that emissions are reduced.”
- In other news, Barclays is amongst other banks currently set to back fossil fuel funding. Our reporter Sephora Landu interviewed Extinction Rebellion activist Kerri Waters to find out what can be done to help tackle this.
- Another great story from Gracie Leader who spoke to Tim Thorte from The Vegan Society explaining that it’s never too late to switch to a plant based diet.
- Our reporter Tilly Lewis spoke to brewer Tom Cooper from Barefaced Brewing in Bournemouth on whether or not sustainable options are viable for independent breweries.
- We also have some exclusive chats with racing super fans about their opinions on F1 going carbon neutral.
Music by BenSound.com
Do you have opinions on any of the stories we covered today?
Share with us on our Twitter using the #ClimateAction