- A Number 10 source has revealed that a Brexit deal is now ‘essentially impossible’ after Boris Johnson spoke on the phone with the German Chancellor Angela Merkel, early this morning.
- A number of political leaders spoke out about the news on twitter – the Scottish National Party’s Nicola Sturgeon tweeted that the UK government is attempting to shift the blame of the “Brexit fiasco” onto Merkel and that it is “pathetically transparent”. President of the European Council Donald Tusk appeared to agree with this, when he tweeted accusing the PM of engaging in a “stupid blame game”.
- After Senior Tory MP Amber Rudd recently spoke in support of backing a fresh Brexit referendum, she appeared on Radio 4 Today stating that “There doesn’t appear to be an active plan at all.”
- Labour’s Kier Starmer has reportedly said that the morning’s events, show that the Prime Minister “never takes responsibility for his own actions”, as he joins others in accusing him of playing a “reckless blame game” with the EU.
- Most recently, Michael Gove has updated MPs on his No-Deal Brexit plans, in the House of Commons saying “enough, enough, enough, we need to leave”.
After the latest Brexit twist, we spoke to the people of Bournemouth to find out their opinions.