A fire at Pokesdown for Boscombe train station caused by an electrical transformer, was reported to Dorset and Wiltshire fire and rescue service at 2pm today.
The Springbourne and Christchurch fire departments responded to this incident.
— DWFireControl (@DWFireControl) January 19, 2023
They gave advice for all local residents to keep their windows shut and doors closed as the fire was producing quite a lot of smoke.
Buzz reporter Lily Lemoine went down to the scene and spoke to the operations manager who said:
“We had to wait for the isolation of the line then confirmation from network rail, but the fire is now extinguished and they will be opening the line very shortly”